Newcomers – get involved with the fransaskois community!
Did you know that the purpose of our association is to welcome, accompany francophone parents and meet their needs in Saskatchewan. This page is entirely dedicated to better inform you, to direct you to resources at your disposal and organizations that are at your service.
Welcome package (FREE):
L’Association des Parents Fransaskois offers you a free welcome package in which you will find all the necessary information and resources in French to integrate into your new Saskatchewan community.
This welcome package is available at your nearest Support Center for Families and Children (CAFE) in Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert. Contact us toll free at 1-855-265-9277 for more information.
Are you looking for books and resources in French? Looking for tools to help you in your role as a parent?
- The Educational Resource Centre for early childhood development (CRÉPE) in Prince Albert, Saskatoon and Regina, offers you resources, books and games for your children (0 to 8 years old). Become a member of CREPE by calling 1-800-265-9277 and receive up to 15 diverse books in the monthly « CREPE box »!
- Le LIEN: Cultural, educational and audiovisual resources in French (books, magazines, music and much more). Information at 306-648-2240 or 1-800-663-5436 collegemathieu.sk.ca
- Subscribe to Saskatchewan’s only French-language newspaper – l’Eau vive. Information at 306-347-0481 or visit leau-vive.ca.
Meet new people
Are you looking for a fun and welcoming space for you and your children? A place to speak French and meet other parents?
Join a CAFE (Support center for families and children)! Each CAFE offers the whole family a welcoming space, resources, training, and free games. These structured programs benefit the language development of the child, all while learning new parenting skills to provide a healthy environment for your child. We offer educational and fun game groups across the province. For more information, contact the center nearest you:
CAFE LA PASSERELLE Saskatoon – Tél. (306) 653-7444
CAFE LA RITOURNELLE Regina – Tél. (306) 522-3240
CAFE Prince Albert Tél. 1-800-265-9277
Are you looking for information on preschool, elementary school, high school and post-secondary life in French?
- Francophone early childhood development centres
- Conseil des écoles fransaskoises
- Le Collège Mathieu
- La Cité Francophone à l’Université de Regina
Do you need francophone resources concerning healthcare?
- Consult the directory of francophone health professionals from the Réseau Santé en français in Saskatchewan: rsfs.ca
- Visit the En Mouvement website which promotes physical activity: en-mouvement.ca
- Visit Healthy Start, a bilingual initiative promoting healthy eating and early childhood physical activity : departsante.ca
Are you looking to meet people to help you better integrate in the community?
- Francophone services
- Have questions on your rights in Saskatchewan? Contact email@example.com.
- Contact your Fransaskois spokesperson – Assemblée communautaire fransaskoise to find out more about your new community.
- Consult the list of francophones associations in the province.
Branchez-vous et votre famille sur la culture en français!
- La Troupe du Jour – théâtre en français
- L’Association Jeunesse Fransaskoise – des activités en français pour les jeunes âgés entre 12 et 25 ans